From: Allistar <allistar.m@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Cc: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: corss compile 64bit on 32bit os
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 00:45:17
1 Xi Shen wrote:
2
3 > Hi,
4 >
5 > i want to use discc to speed my emerge compilation. but the problem is
6 > that i have 32bit and 64bit mixed environment, and some of the cpus do
7 > not support amd64 mode. so i just wonder if i could do cross compile.
8 >
9 > has anyone done this before? any suggestions/comments are welcomed.
10
11 I have an amd64 system which is used with distcc to help speed up compiling
12 of an x86 system and cross compiling works without any issues. I followed
13 the cross compiling instructions on gentoo.org.
14
15 Note that this is compiling 32bit on a 64bit box, not the other way around.