From: Michael Sullivan <michael@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Very OT - Need help removing NTLDR
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2006 22:35:13
1 Awhile back my wife asked me to add Windows 98 SE to the operating
2 systems on her computer (Gentoo and WinXP) so that she could play old
3 games that we couldn't get to work in Linux with wine. She attempted to
4 boot into Windows XP today, but got an error message:
5
6 NTLDR is missing
7 Press any key to continue
8
9 I've been doing research on NTLDR, and I've found lots of help in
10 restoring NTLDR, but none whatsoever in simply removing it. Her
11 computer uses grub as the boot loader. I know this isn't specifically a
12 Gentoo question, and not even a Linux question, but she needs WinXP for
13 school (she's starting in the Medical Lab Technician program tomorrow.
14 All her homework is on the computer, and our school isn't enlightened
15 enough to use Linux yet.) Can anyone help me?
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list