From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] udev (viable) alternatives ?
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:47:16
1 James wrote:
2 > Ok,
3 >
4 > So I have used eudev before, without issue before. Things are moving along
5 > so now I see an udev-215 upgrade to udev-261 on a system running lxde.
6 > I intend to migrate this system to lxqt in the next few weeks, after
7 > I build up a new workstation.
8 >
9 > So changing from udev-215 to eudev-1.10-r2 is as simple as
10 > unmerging the former and emerging the latter ? The sytem
11 > is not tweaked very much and still running a 3.13.6 kernel, for now.
14 > Any other caveats (short term) on switching udev to eudev?
17 > curiously,
18 > James
22 I switched to eudev back when it was just getting going. Even then, it
23 was as easy as unmerge udev, emerge eudev then restart udev. The init
24 is still called udev, at least it is here. Other than being able to
25 ditch that broken init thingy for booting, I haven't seen any difference.
26
27 Hope that helps.
28
29 Dale