From: Holly Bostick <motub@××××××.nl>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sudo echo cannot write to /etc/ files ?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2005 19:47:23
1 Richard Fish schreef:
2 > Holly Bostick wrote:
5 >>Richard Fish schreef:
9 >>>BTW Holly,
10 >>>
11 >>>You should recognize that from a security standpoint allowing yourself
12 >>>to execute bash is really giving yourself "blanket permissions to sudo
13 >>>to all commands". You might as well make life easier on yourself and
14 >>>just make your sudo settings "ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL".
15 >>>
16 >>>My $.02.
17 >>>
18 >>>-Richard
19 >>>
20 >>>
21 >>>
22 >>
23 >>Thank you for the heads-up, Richard, but it would seem that that isn't
24 >>quite true-- I did a test:
27 >>sudo bash -c /etc/init.d/samba restart
33 > Remember that the -c option for bash is a single argument, not the rest
34 > of the line. The 'restart' is being seen as a separate argument to
35 > bash, not as part of the command for bash to execute, if that makes any
36 > sense! It will work if you do:
37 >
38 > sudo bash -c "/etc/init.d/samba restart"
39 >
40 > -Richard
43 So it will. Shoot. Oh, well. Maybe I'll rework this, or I should then
44 ask for:
45
46 1) firewall recommendations (personal, as the router has one too; atm
47 I'm liking firestarter)
48
49 2) anti-hacking monitors (other than chrootkit and rkhunter, if needed--
50 guess I'm thinking about keyloggers)
51
52 ?
53