From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: What is forcing the qt4 USE flag?
Date: Sat, 23 Jan 2016 07:42:23
1 On 22/01/16 21:45, Mick wrote:
2 > On Friday 22 Jan 2016 21:04:48 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> I have a weird problem. I have an ebuild where either qt4 or qt5 can be
4 >> enabled. They are both disabled by default and I have to choose which
5 >> one I want. The ebuild does that with:
6 >>
7 >> IUSE="qt4 qt5"
8 >> REQUIRED_USE="^^ ( qt4 qt5 )"
9 >>
10 >> I'm on the plasma profile which enabled qt5 automatically. However,
11 >> portage complains:
12 >>
13 >> The following REQUIRED_USE flag constraints are unsatisfied:
14 >> exactly-one-of ( qt4 qt5 )
15 >>
16 >> The qt4 USE flag is enabled. I can't see where. I didn't enable it
17 >> anywhere in any of my /etc/portage/* files. If I emerge with:
18 >>
19 >> USE="-qt4" emerge package
20 >>
21 >> then it works. So I have to explicitly disable the qt4 USE flag even
22 >> though I didn't enable it in the first place.
23 >>
24 >> Can someone enlighten me?
25 >
26 > euse -I qt4
27 >
28 > should provide some pointers. It may be your desktop profile?
29
30 Yep, it's the parent profile of the plasma profile. This results in both
31 qt4 and qt5 being set.