From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Lenovo T400 wifi scan and connect questions
Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2022 19:15:45
1 During launch, wpa_supplicant blows up on...
2
3 DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wheel
4 DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=0
5
6 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Wpa_supplicant#Configuration recommends...
7
8 ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wheel
9
10 The 3 lines in my wpa_supplicant.conf that are not commented out are...
11
12 ctrl_interface_group=0
13 ap_scan=1
14 ctrl_interface=DIR=/var/run/wpa_supplicant GROUP=wheel
15
16 Thank you for your help. It works. I live in a condo building. As
17 a regular user "wpa_cli scan" followed by "wpa_cli scan_result" shows
18 approximately a couple of dozen machines. BTW I've disabled MVM and
19 wifi still works.
20
21 One last question; I occasionally see signs in various places saying
22
23 Our network name is "foo" and password is "bar".
24
25 My reading of the wpa_cli man page indicates I should use...
26
27 wpa_cli password foo bar
28
29 ...to log on. Is that correct?
32 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
33 I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications