From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Freeze after suspend-to-ram with kernel 3.10
Date: Sat, 03 Aug 2013 03:12:44
1 On 02/08/13 18:47, Frank Steinmetzger wrote:
2 > Hey list
3 >
4 > My netbook doesn't freeze so often during operation any more. But now it’s
5 > started to not properly wake up from suspend-to-ram. It’s like with my big
6 > laptop: when that one runs on nouveau instead of nvidia-drivers, it behaves
7 > the very same way, i.e. I switch it on and the screen stays blank. Not even
8 > sysrq are working then, only hard power-down.
9 >
10 > I tried to confirm my oberservation by deliberately hibernating it multiple
11 > times yesterday -- it always woke up with 3.9. Now I booted it with 3.10 and
12 > it didn't come up on the first try.
13 > Do you have any suggestion how I might debug this? I can’t simply report to
14 > kernel blokes “3.10 is crap on my netbook, you put in a regression somewhere”.
15 >
16 > I don’t really have the time right now to go after hunches, such as the new
17 > tikless system, as building a kernel takes up to 45 minutes on that thing.
20 I have the same but on a desktop - wont work on anything later than
21 3.8.13 and I cant find any meaningful messages - yet other machines are
22 working fine :(
23
24 BillK