From: Wang Xuerui <idontknw.wang@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] fcitx crash----something to do with libpng & cairo?
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2013 04:48:17
1 2013/4/13 Jackie <jiangjun12321@×××××.com>:
2 > I am use fcitx for Chinese & after updating few packages today,fcitx just
3 > crash on startup and won't work even I start it in a terminal.I searched
4 > through Internet and figured it that this may have some thing to do with
5 > update libpng and cairo.One way out,however,may be just downgrade libpng &
6 > cairo,which seem to involve tons of recompilation of related packages(got
7 > that after mask the update & emerge libpng cairo -pv). So,anyone met this &
8 > got a better solution?
9 > BTY,using fcitx 4.2.7,libpng-1.6.1:0/16 and cairo-1.12.14. HELP ME OUT:(
12 I'm also a fcitx user, but my box has the stable versions of libpng
13 and cairo as I checked just now. So I suppose your crashes are related
14 to the ~KEYWORDed dependencies.
15
16 If you have enough free time, you may try to debug the crash with gdb
17 and report the issue to upstream... this way the developers will know
18 about the breakage and come up with a patch, which benefits other
19 fcitx users running ~KEYWORD systems as well.