From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dlna & Gentoo
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:22:21
1 On Friday 29 January 2010 14:12:10 Iain Buchanan wrote:
2
3 > what contract?
4
5 I don't know how it is where you are, but in the UK, as I understand it,
6 every sale is deemed to embody an implied contract* between buyer and
7 seller. Either party is always free to specify whatever conditions he likes
8 prior to the sale, and the other can accept them or not.
9
10 > "Sorry buddy, that's just how they make 'em. Take it up with the
11 > manufacturer" is what I'd expect to hear.
12
13 Perhaps. Depends how badly they want the business, I suppose.
14
15 > Either that or "You want to do what? What's Linux?"
16
17 Who mentioned intended use, or Linux? Just stipulate that the goods must not
18 require any particular software to operate. Simple - assuming that your
19 legal system works similarly enough to ours, of course.
20
21 It was just a suggestion, anyway. Take it or leave it. :-)
22
23 * Apart from the ones with specific contracts, naturally.
26 Rgds
27 Peter.