From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: How can I control size of /run (tmpfs)?
Date: Sat, 26 May 2012 21:50:18
1 On 26/05/12 22:46, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > after updating baselayout from 2.0.3 to 2.1-r1 /run is mounted
5 > as tmpfs. But I can not find any mount-option for controlling
6 > how much memory is (or could be) used for it.
7 >
8 > Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
9 > tmpfs 8223848 224 8223624 1% /run
10 >
11 > I know it does not use 8GB right now, yet I'd like to reduce
12 > it to some lower value, not half of my physical memory.
13 > How can I do it? Can I simply add line in fstab like:
14 >
15 > none /run tmpfs size=128m 0 0 ???
16
17 Id doesn't make any sense to change the default:
18
19 a) tmpfs doesn't use RAM if there are no files in it
20
21 b) If you make /run smaller and then it fills up, you're fucked
22
23 So with a basic application of logic, there is no reason to change it.