From: James Homuth <james@×××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Best way to resolve man-pages block?
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2009 01:15:28
1 I have a new Gentoo instalation on a laptop, and am one blocker away from
2 emerge --update --deep --newuse world. The only problem is I'm not exactly
3 sure how to resolve the block without potentially breaking the system.
4
5 [blocks B ] <sys-apps/man-pages-3 ("<sys-apps/man-pages-3" is blocking
6 sys-a
9 * Error: The above package list contains packages which cannot be
10
11 * installed at the same time on the same system.
15 ('ebuild', '/', 'sys-apps/man-pages-posix-2003a', 'merge') pulled in by
16
17 sys-apps/man-pages-posix required by ('ebuild', '/',
18 'sys-apps/man-pages-3.2
19
20 My instinct tells me unmerge the current version, emerge the new version
21 sans dependancy, then update world. But common sense is trying to tell me
22 that's likely to cause all kinds of sideways breakage. Is there a better way
23 to go about that process. I know I've installed this on both my servers, but
24 I think man-pages-posix showed up after I'd already upgraded man-pages so
25 there was no blocker. Again, though, can't remember. Thanks anyone for the
26 help.