From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] new symbols in portage
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:36:53
1 On Friday 27 March 2009 00:13:07 maxim wexler wrote:
2 > Hi group,
3 >
4 > Since updating portage I notice the following whenever I run emerge:
5 >
6 > <...>
7 > Portage tree and overlays:
8 > [0] /usr/portage
9 > [?] indicates that the source repository could not be determined
10 > <...>
11 >
12 > But what does [?=>0] mean which sometimes appears?
13
14 It's an overlay move. Normally you will see something like [1=>0] meaning the
15 ebuild was installed from the overlay tagged as [1] at the end and will be
16 updated with a more recent ebuild from the overlay tagged [0] at the end.
17
18 [0] will always be the portage tree in practice.
19
20 [?] means portage doesn't know which overlay the installed ebuild came from -
21 usually because you deleted it from layman
24 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com