From: Ilya Hegai <vyacheslavovich@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] skype
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2007 09:29:55
1 2007/6/17, Matthew R. Lee <gentoo@××××××××××.org>:
2 > Well skype upgraded this morning to version 1.4.0.74 and it aint working.
3 > When I tried running it from the command line I get the following:
4 > /opt/skype/skype: error while loading shared libraries: libQtDBus.so.4: cannot
5 > open shared object file: No such file or directory
6 > revdep-rebuild doesn't pick any thing up
7 > Do I have to rebuild Qt? or another package? which one provides that library.
8 > I've tried down-grading to the previous version but that's now been
9 > package.masked
10 > This is a real pain in the buttocks. How can I phone home now? I can't afford
11 > the rip-off international phone charges at the moment!
12 > Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
13 > Matt
14
15 just took a look at the ebuild
16 you can use qt-static USE flag to tell portage to download and install
17 skype statically built with qt
18 (similar to opera browser, if you use it)
19 so you don't need to install qt4 separately
22 regards, Hegai Ilya
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list