From: meino.cramer@×××.de
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Exsys EX-44092 (OXuPCI952) ???
Date: Sat, 18 Sep 2010 13:09:35
1 Hi,
2
3 I got some strange problems while trying to setup a EXSYS EX44092
4 PCIe to RS232 adapter card.
5
6 What I did:
7 Start minicom, setup the serial parameters (115200 8N1) as described
8 in the manual for the embedded system I want to connect to and reset
9 the embedded board.
10
11 Minicom prints a sequence of "."'s on the screen - thats it. I know
12 that this embedded board is working, though.
13
14 Next -- while minicom was running -- I used setserial to get the
15 current settings of the serial interface. The baudrate was spd_normal
16 despite the fact I had instructed minicom to set it to spd_vhi
17 (115200 baud). Since setserial does not say anything about
18 8N1/7N2/... parities I couldnt check this.
19
20 At last I straced minicom but I didn't found anything suspicious...
21
22 EXSYS claims, that this card would work under Linux (supported by
23 drivers which are already part of the kernel sources...
24
25 What did I wrong here? Why does this setup now work?
26
27 Thank you very much for any help in advance!
28
29 Best regards
30 mcc