From: jakommo <jakommo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Resize /
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 20:58:08
1 On 11/16/06, geistteufel <geistteufel@×××××.fr> wrote:
2 >
3 > Hello
4 >
5 > What the size of your / ?
6 > Mine is 1 Go, and I use only 300 mo, just conf and lib sbin bin
7 >
8 > If you have opt in your / I suggest to move it and doing a symlink
9 >
10 > like cd /; mv opt usr; ln -s usr/opt .
11 >
12 > so ...
16 > jakommo a écrit :
17 > > Hi Listmembers,
18 > >
19 > > I have a problem the / Partition on my system is to smal, is there a
20 > > save way to resize it?
21 > > I know mounting other partitions to e.g. /usr will help but the / is
22 > > only 4,6G so it will help only temporarily.
23 > >
24 > > thanks
25 > >
26 > > jakommo
34 > ___________________________________________________________________________
35 > Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions
36 > !
37 > Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des
38 > internautes sur Yahoo! Questions/Réponses
39 > http://fr.answers.yahoo.com
40 >
41 > --
42 > gentoo-user@g.o mailing list
45 thanks for your replys.
46 everything but boot is ext3 and its a RAID5.
47 For now I think maybe its better to make some new partitions and copy the
48 stuff to them by using a live cd and then adjust fstab and/or make symlinks.
49 the problem is the maschine is a server and I dont want it to be down for a
50 long time, its only used for cups at the moment, but I think its more secure
51 to quit the idea of resizing and do it the mount and symlink way. another
52 benefit of this way is I can prepare everything so I only need to reboot
53 with a live cd to copy the files and thats it.
54
55 thanks again for your solutions
56
57 jakommo