From: Simon <turner25@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] did anyone just get 400+ emails from this list?
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2008 14:45:02
1 This can happen if your email client "forgot" what last message it downloaded
2 from your pop server while you have set it to leave messages on server.
3
4 Iain Buchanan wrote:
5 > Hi,
6 >
7 > yes, I did... or at least I think. I'm using thunderbird (shredder)
8 > 3.0a2 (yes, aware of the risks, see the release name).
9 >
10 > all the emails are from before 10/09/2008 (that's september for you US
11 > folks).
12 >
13 > Funny thing is, the emails were deleted long ago, so I don't know how
14 > shredder would have falsely received them.
15 >
16 > weird. maybe its a trick (or treat?)
17 >