From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge all but...
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 18:48:30
1 On Tuesday 29 June 2010 20:08:34 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > > I mentioned this on -dev once when this topic came up. Thing is,
3 > > portage is not the only package manager being used. Personally I think
4 > > portage should be the official package manager and if you chose to use
5 > > something else, you should know what not to do to the system.
6 >
7 > That's restrictive and un-Gentoo-like. The official package manager is
8 > anything that follows the EAPI specs.
11 I wholeheartedly agree. There shouldn't even BE such a thing as a standard
12 package manager, there should only be standards. Otherwise you get into the
13 standard being
14
15 "whatever portage is doing today" - a moving target at best
19 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com