From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Gack... cups docu
Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:36:40
1 Harry Putnam wrote:
2 > Harry Putnam <reader@×××××××.com> writes:
5 >> Anyone else have trouble accessing cups documentation?
6 >>
7 >> Here using http://localhost:631 just fails with standard message
8 >> unable to connect to server at 631.
9 >>
10 >> The html stuff under /usr/share/cups/html/
11 >> appears to have the href links setup so that they point to somewhere
12 >> on the file system that doesn't contain the hoped for file.
13 >>
14 >> Anyway.. trying to decipher how to get to some handy setup help
15 >> appears to be a non-starter here at least.
16 >>
17 >> And all that is happening before getting to anything useful to read.
20 > Errr... nevermind.... /etc/init.d/cupsd solved that problem.
21 >
22 > Seems it would be wise to say a word about that in the cups README.
28 I was curious about that because I clicked on the link and it opened up
29 cups here. I just thought I was the only one that could do that. o_O
30
31 Don't forget to add it to the default runlevel.
32
33 Dale
34