From: Jerry McBride <mcbrides9@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Index to /usr/share/doc/...html... a reinvented wheel?
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 17:34:45
1 On Wednesday 04 July 2007 12:39:48 pm Willie Wong wrote:
2
3 > I doubt that his script (which he mentions is to be run in cron) is
4 > meant to actually be placed in the cgi-bin directory for apache.
5 >
6 > It would certainly be annoying to need to have an apache server
7 > running just to read documentation.
10 There are some advantages serving the index out via httpd. Anyone you allow
11 can read your documents...
12
13 I've been working on (in my very spare time) on a similar project. Mine is in
14 python. It scans an entire hard drive for index.html's, chm's and pdf's...
15 then pours it's findings into a single index.html.
16
17 The script is no where complete, free for the asking though wth setup tips...
23 From the Desk of: Jerome D. McBride
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list