From: Stuart Howard <stuart.g.howard@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] perl update
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 10:29:43
1 Hi
2
3 Is it possible to increase the verbosity of the emerge.log,
4 specifically I am intersted in capturing any "messages" that occour
5 during an emerge world, for example if 10 packages get updated and one
6 of them was python then I would need to run python-updater But if that
7 occurred during a long list of packages I would not see that message
8 unless it happened to be the last on the list, or at least I think
9 that is how the system works [I may be in error here] other examples
10 that I have seen or not seen as the case may be would be lmsensors and
11 qemu both of which compile happily but require kernel options for full
12 functionality, I did not see these messages till I recompiled and/or
13 went for a browse in the ebuild.
14 My thoughts came about as I was writing the following mail which I
15 answered myself as I was writing away [how often the way :) ]
16
17 cheers
18 stu
19
20 ps. Directing the output of emerge output in its whole is not what I
21 am looking for, I am looking for an emerge option if possible and if
22 not then I can have a try at a script of some sort to do it later.
23
24 ######
25 I have just done my daily emerge and noticed that perl has moved up
26 from 5.8.6 to 5.8.7 does this require me to use the perl-cleaner
27 script prehaps in the way that python-updater is used when python
28 makes a change?
29 Had a look at the ebuild and it seems that I dont since I have only 1
30 version installed.
31 #####
34 "There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand
35 binary, those who don't"
36
37 --Unknown
40 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list