From: pk <peterk2@××××××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Trying to block third party ip address with iptables... [SOLVED]
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:26:28
1 Tony Stohne wrote:
2
3 > HTTP requests are sent over TCP, so try a REJECT with TCP reset instead.
4 > Something like this should do the trick, since the connection would be reset
5 > more or less instantly avoiding the timeout:
6 >
7 > iptables -A INPUT -s xxxx -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
8 > iptables -A OUTPUT -s xxxx -p tcp -j REJECT --reject-with tcp-reset
9
10 Ok, good to know. I tried something simpler; putting the domain in
11 /etc/hosts pointing to 127.0.0.1 (as suggested by Neil Bothwick). But
12 I'll keep this in mind for the future. Thanks for the input!
13
14 Best regards
15
16 Peter K