From: Dennis Tants <dennis.tants@×××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] GRUB2 new layout?
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2016 12:01:46
1 Am 22.03.2016 um 12:02 schrieb Neil Bothwick:
2 > Did you have sda1 mounted at /boot when you installed the kernel and
3 > ran grub2-mkconfig?
4 Sorry for top posting.
5
6 Yes /dev/sda1 was mounted when I installed the kernel.
7
8 Here is an example of how the boot entry looks, while I boot (abbreviated).
9 This is the default entry, created by grub2-mkconfig:
10 set root='hd0,msdos3'
11 --set=root *UUID of /dev/sda3* (root)
12 linux /boot/kernel root=/dev/sda3 ro
13
14 Here is the one that gets created when I created with the grub shell:
15 set root='hd0,msdos1'
16 --set=root *UUID of /dev/sda1* (boot)
17 linux /kernel root=UUID=*UUID of /dev/sda3* ro
18 initrd /initramfs
19
20 When I select the second entry I am able to boot the new kernel. No
21 kernel panic here.
22 Any suggestions?
25 Dennis Tants
26 Auszubildender: Fachinformatiker für Systemintegration
27
28 ZARM - Zentrum für angewandte Raumfahrttechnologie und Mikrogravitation
29 ZARM - Center of Applied Space Technology and Microgravity
30
31 Universität Bremen
32 Am Fallturm
33 28359 Bremen, Germany