From: twang.umn@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] fbsplash
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 18:56:44
1 Hi there,
2
3 I am running gentoo on my laptop and using fbsplash when booting. Actually fbspalsh run quite good expcet one thing: when xdm starts, it seems all the other runlevel scripts stop to continue. I need to go back to tty1, then they will start again. I don't quite understand what the problem is. Since I already set
4 "SPLASH_TTYS=1,2,3,4,5,6"
5 In the /ect/conf.d/splash, it should not use splash on tty7,8.... But I still see the splash when I press "ctrl alt f8". Is there anything I misconfiged?
6
7 Thank you for your advice, and sorry for my poor english. And hope it will not bother you so much.
10 Teng Wang
11 Department of Mathematics
12 University of Minnesota, TC
13 E-mail:twang.umn@×××××.com