From: Benjamin Sher <delphi123@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Problem burning Gentoo 700 MB LiveCD
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2006 07:43:01
1 Dear friends:
2
3 I have been trying to burn the Gentoo 2006 ISO image to a Memorex 700 MB
4 CD using Nero 5.5. I first tried to use other CD burning programs. They
5 all gave the same error message: "No media in the drive" or "Drive is
6 empty. Please insert CD". Of course, the CD is in the drive. So, when
7 Nero says: " No media in the drive. Please insert CD" the drive opens up
8 and I close the drive (or replace the CD with a new CD). But it
9 repeatedly refuses to proceed. I also tried to uninstall and install my
10 Nero 5.0 and then Nero 5.5 to no avail.
11
12 And yet, believe it or not, I did successfully burn an ISO image of the
13 Gentoo Minimal InstallCD (49 MB). It took some effort (same error
14 message) but finally succeeded.
15
16 I could install the minimal 50 meg bootable CD. I know it works. But I
17 would prefer to install the 697 MB LiveCD. Here are two images with data
18 on what's going on:
19
20 http://www.websher.net/temp/nero1.jpg
21 http://www.websher.net/temp/nero2.jpg
22
23 I would very much appreciate your help. Is this a hardware or software
24 problem and is it fixable? At least, can I fix it enough to burn the
25 Gentoo CD?
26
27 Thank you again.
28