From: Philip Webb <purslow@×××××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] what's new with all those new packages?
Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 13:19:14
1 050711 danielhf@××××.com wrote:
2 > portage reminds me of updating packages frequently,
3 > i have to decide what to update, and if it's worth downloading?
4 > is there a easy way to see "what's new" of those packages to be updated?
5 > the ChangeLog within /usr/portage/xxx-xxx/ make no sense to me.
6
7 'emerge esearch', then use 'esync', which updates your package list
8 & finally lists all updated packages with colors to show those installed.
9 I use it every week with an extra check via 'update -Dup world',
10 which helps in deciding the order in which to emerge packages.
14 SUPPORT ___________//___, Philip Webb : purslow@××××××××××××××.ca
15 ELECTRIC /] [] [] [] [] []| Centre for Urban & Community Studies
16 TRANSIT `-O----------O---' University of Toronto
17 --
18 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list