From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: depclean wants to wipe out KDE3
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 11:49:16
1 Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
2 > Neil Bothwick wrote:
3 >> On Mon, 22 Dec 2008 03:57:22 +0200, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> And how is putting KDE4 in /usr/kde going to help in this? What
6 >>> difference does it make if the wrong path is chosen? Surely, it
7 >>> doesn't matter a bit how that path looks like if it's wrong. If a KDE4
8 >>> path would come before a KDE3 path in a KDE3 session, the last thing
9 >>> you care about is whether that path is /usr/bin or /usr/kde/4.1/bin.
10 >>
11 >> Because /usr/bin will always be in your PATH, so even if you are
12 >> running a
13 >> KDE 3 session, KDE4 programs will be loaded.
14 >
15 > Why would they? /usr/kde/3.5/bin comes first in KDE 3 sessions and
16 > last in KDE 4 sessions. There's no problem at all.
21 Then why doesn't it work then? I'm confused. I just know that I have
22 already put the USE flag in mine for when KDE 4 goes stable and starts
23 moving in. I like having KDE in the place it has always been since it
24 has worked for me so far.
25
26 Yes, I read the arguments made on -dev a while ago. It didn't make
27 sense then and it still doesn't.
28
29 Dale
30