From: Roy Wright <roy@××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Access Windows XP running in VirtualBox
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 18:52:18
1 Joseph wrote:
2 > I need a solution to access Windows XP program running on VirtualBox.
3 >
4 > I've Windows XP running via VB and I need to run one of Windows XP
5 > program from few other machines.
6 > I was thinking maybe I'll install run LTSP but I'm not sure it will work. I
7 > think I could create VPN between Windows and Linux but in this case I need
8 > to run full OS on other machines.
9 > What are my other options?
12 * Install cygwin's openssh server
13 * Write a web app to launch the programs
14 * VNC?
15
16 You will need bridge networking or some port forwarding rules
17 (http://en.gentoo-wiki.com/wiki/Virtualbox) to allow connection to the VM.
18
19 Now a days, web apps can be pretty easy. Personally I probably create a
20 merb very flat app assuming all you are wanting is to launch a few known
21 programs.
22
23 HTH