From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] rsync local mirror question
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 20:35:56
1 I followed https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Local_Mirror instructions for
2 doing a local rsync mirror. I ran commented the rsync mirrors line in
3 the client's make.conf and ran "emerge --sync". The client still
4 synced from a server on the internet. Do I need to manually force
5 rsync to go local, e.g...
6
7 [thimk][root][~] rsync 192.168.1.252::
8 gentoo-portage Gentoo ebuild repository
11 I've seen things, you people wouldn't believe; Gopher, Netscape with
12 frames, the first Browser Wars. Searching for pages with AltaVista,
13 pop-up windows self-replicating, trying to uninstall RealPlayer. All
14 those moments, will be lost in time like tears in rain... time to die.