From: reader@×××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [konqueror] Can't invoke and editor when `view source'
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2008 01:24:20
1 I didn't get much of a response on gmane.comp.kde.devel.kfm about this
2 trouble I'm having with konqueror (although I was told on another kde
3 group that was the place for it). I got one post that asked me for
4 certain specific information which I supplied, but got no more replys
5 (near 2 wks now). So noticicing some `konq' problems being discussed
6 at:
7 gmane.comp.kde.users.multimedia
8
9 I tried there and got no response at all (3 days now).
10
11 kde-3.5-8 desktop
12
13 I want konqueror to invoke emacs (or at this point, any editor) when I
14 choose to `View Document Source' from view menu.
15
16 I'm told that kind of setting is done at the below location:
17
18 In the Kcontrol settings:
19 KDE Components/File Associations/text/plain
20 No matter which one I choose (emacs, kwrite, kate)
21 When I restart konq and try to view source... I just get the bouncing
22 cursor that eventually times out but nothing ever comes up.
23
24 I tried putting the absolute path in the dialog but it acts no
25 different.
26
27 All three of those editors start without error from the command line.
28 I use emacs for many things so its always in working order.
29
30 I also tried using the settings under
31 KDE components/File Associations/text/html which I doubt is where
32 this should be done but still setting any of the editors doesn't seem
33 to help.
34
35 The machine has been rebooted a time or two for other reasons but just
36 letting you know that kde has been restarted but the problem persists.
37
38 I'm told kde might write some errors to an ~/.xsessions* file. Or
39 some ~/ file anyway.
40
41 I'm not sure what filenames to look for but:
42 I looked for files modified recently in ~/ that might have error
43 information but I see nothing that looks likely. And nothing with a
44 filename that looks promising.
45
46 Apparently konqueror is not throwing errors but silently timing out.
47
48 Can anyone think of a way to further trouble shoot this?
51 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list