From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Is Gentoo on the Sales block?
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 11:00:38
1 On Thursday 17 January 2008 05:08:56 Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2008-01-17, Brian Marshall <snail@×××××××××××××.net> wrote:
3 > > Gentoo no longer exists legally, so I wouldn't worry. ;)
4 >
5 > It exists illegally?
6 >
7 > On my computers?
8 >
9 > I'm an outlaw!
10 >
11 > This is more exciting that I thought...
12
13 No, Brian said it doesn't exist "legally", which is not the same thing
14 as "lawfully".
15
16 Properly, "legally" means "in law", whereas the word for "in compliance with
17 a law" is "lawfully". Of course things change, and nearly always for the
18 worse, so such niceties become mere memories.
21 Rgds
22 Peter
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list