From: "张春江" <zhangchunjiangrj@×××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] sys-boot/plymouth could not work
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 05:45:58
1 Does anybody in the list have used plymouth.
2 I installed and configured plymouth as http://dev.gentoo.org/~aidecoe/doc/en/plymouth.xml told.
3 my grub.conf is
4
5 title Gentoo Linux
6 root (hd0,13)
7 kernel /boot/kernel-3.2.1-gentoo-r2 root=/dev/sda10 video=radeon:1366x768 quiet splash
8 initrd /boot/initramfs-3.2.1-gentoo-r2.img
9
10 While I rebooting my machine, it shows "[plymouth] could not create /run/plymouth" and there is no splash.
11 Then I created /run/plymouth directory in the initrd file system manually, but it seems that this doesn't change anything.
12 And then I created /run/plymouth in my root file system, while this time system shows
13 "plymouthd could not start boot splash: No such file or directory".
14
15 I checked my Ubuntu virtual machine, which plymouth works well, there is no /run/plymouth directory in initram file system or real root file system.
16
17 I googled this problem and found some guys had faced the same problem with me, but nobody have a solution.
18 This is my first time to ask for help in the list, and this is even my first time to use a mailing list.
19 Sorry for my poor English.