From: "Alan E. Davis" <lngndvs@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: System maintainance, "emerge --depclean", "revdep-rebuild"
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 07:43:46
1 My mistake: 700MB NOT 700GB. Nevertheless, I mean to take a look at
2 your advice.
3
4 One machine is ordinarily at school on a sporadically fast connection
5 (but not during working hours, when it is slower than a dialup). One
6 is a laptop, with the least HDD space. The other (now crashed) is at
7 home. The firewall at work makes it very difficult or well nigh onto
8 impossible to ssh into that box, and the box at home is only on line
9 when I dial in.
10
11 I want to set up a $DISTDIR. An external disk would work. When I have one.
12
13 Alan
14