From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: configuring x2go on gentoo
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2010 18:59:07
1 On 02/01/2010 08:06 PM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
2 > Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >> On 01/22/2010 12:10 AM, Valmor de Almeida wrote:
4 >>> Hello,
5 >>>
6 >>> I would like to try a remote desktop server/client app (linux to linux).
7 >>> Would anyone have suggestions? freenx x ltsp x vnc x others?
8 >>
9 >> I use x2go, which is based on NX. FreeNX, which I used before, was
10 >> semi-abandoned at some point.
11 >>
12 >> You can find it in the nx overlay.
15 > I am experimenting with it. I could not find config instructions for
16 > gentoo therefore I am following
17 >
18 > http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/X2go
19 >
20 > Is this sufficient?
21 > Does fuse need to be a module or can it be built into the kernel? I am
22 > follwing the latter.
23 >
24 > Thanks for inputs.
25
26 Don't know about the server configuration on Gentoo. I only run the
27 client on my Gentoo box. The server runs on a Debian machine and IIRC
28 the configuration was pretty much automatic there.