From: Matthew Cline <matthew.cline@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I get minimal portage-logs
Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 02:03:58
1 On 5/9/06, Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > I just want the juicy ones. The ones that tell me to take further action.
4 >
5 > Is there a setting to tailor this?
6
7 I can think of two things off the top of my head:
8
9 1) In the unstable version of portage, there is a feature called elog
10 that is supposed to parse out the "important" messages and place them
11 in a certain directory. AFAIK, the only real documentation of this
12 feature is in /etc/make.conf.example
13
14 2) There is a script called portlog-info:
15
16 http://gentooexperimental.org/archive/portlog-info/portlog-info
17
18 that extracts the "important" messages from PORT_LOGDIR. It is pretty flexible
19
20 HTH,
21
22 Matt