From: Sergio Polini <sp_rm_it@×××××.it>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] wlan0/ndiswrapper failing after gcc-4 upgrade (and dual Windows boot)
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 13:17:48
1 Mark Knecht:
2 > Following along in the spirit of your response I don't even see
3 > version 1.23 so I've tried installing the newest masked version,
4 > even though I expect this failed on your machine:
5 >
6 > Sector9 ~ # eix -I ndiswrapper
7 > * net-wireless/ndiswrapper
8 > Available versions: 1.2-r1 1.25 1.26 1.28 1.29
9 > Installed: 1.29
10 > Homepage: http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/
12 > some wireless cards
13
14 This is why I now keep two Gentoo root partitions, "stable"
15 and "testing": in "stable" there is a fully working system,
16 in "testing" I.... update and look at what happens ;-)
17
18 > From the command line it appears that the newest version of
19 > ndiswrapper is suggesting I can now use a Linux driver. I have no
20 > idea how to actually do that though.
21 >
22 > Sector9 ~ # ndiswrapper -l
23 > installed drivers:
24 > neta3ab driver installed, hardware (168C:001A) present
25 > (alternate driver: ath_pci)
26 > Sector9 ~ #
27 > [....]
28 > Since I cannot get ndiswrapper working how would I go about getting
29 > ath_pci to work?
30
31 I'd check Stroller's advice ;-)
32 You could also look at: