From: William Kenworthy <billk@×××××××××.au>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] OT: looking for info on USB3 to Mini-pcie WiFi module
Date: Fri, 29 May 2020 00:18:02
1 Hi all,
2
3     I am looking for info on usb3 to mini-pcie wifi modules - some kind
4 of adaptor?  There are a lot of mini-pcie to M.2 on ebay but reading up
5 on mini-pcie it seems they may not be compatible.  Does anybody have an
6 idea of one that would work - they are cheap enough to buy and
7 test/throw back on shelf if they dont work but the current two month
8 delivery times are a killer :)
9
10 My existing wifi AP is getting too old to properly upgrade (Its an old
11 Buffalo G300N running openwrt) so I am building my own - I currently
12 have a gentoo based userland on a raspberry-pi3B using the inbuilt wifi
13 and a realtek usb WiFi 1200ac dongle which is the proof of concept but
14 before I go and purchase more powerful hardware for the controller
15 (looking at an odroid C4 at the moment) I want to ascertain if I can use
16 some of the mini-pcie wifi cards I have via USB3 (one is a 3x3 mimo
17 atheros ac module, others atheros or intel N.)  At the end of the day, I
18 am looking for WiFi6 compatibility and a performance boost over the old
19 buffalo (multiple family members are working from home, mostly via wifi
20 which is holding up pretty well so far but I want better :)  Yes I could
21 by a bespoke unit but whats the fun in that :)
22
23 BillK

pEpkey.asc application/pgp-keys