From: "»Q«" <boxcars@×××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Uninstalling KDE packages
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2007 21:13:39
1 In <news:bf0e048a0701291246i732ec47dvb6e454c43a80e37e@××××××××××.com>,
2 "Vlad Dogaru" <ddvlad@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > after some suggestions from the list I finally emerged KDE to give it
5 > another try. Even with 256 MiB of RAM, it works quite acceptably, save
6 > for the startup time. However, I notice it has installed all sorts of
7 > marginally useful and ultimately resource consuming software such as
8 > KWallet.
9
10 I think you have done this:
11 <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-config.xml#doc_chap2_sect2>
12
13 But what you really wanted was this:
14 <http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/kde-split-ebuilds.xml>
15
16 I expect others can give you a better strategy than I could for
17 getting from where you are to where you want to be, but it will help
18 to read that documentation so you'll understand the answers you get.
21 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list