From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Debian forked, because of systemd brouhaha
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2014 16:33:53
1 On Sunday 30 Nov 2014 13:13:02 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sun, 30 Nov 2014 13:01:33 +0000, Mick wrote:
3 > > Nevertheless, I support moving away from a RHL sponsored
4 > > monolithic binary and hopefully if not today it will happen eventually.
5 >
6 > systemd isn't monolithic so I can only assume you are referring to the
7 > Linux kernel here :)
8
9 I was actually referring to the systemd takeover. I know currently the
10 incursion is in userspace, but soon enough I would expect them to try it on
11 the kernel too. ;-)
12
13 > Red Hat open source everything, so while they can pay for the development
14 > of the code, they can never own it. Yes, their money gives them control
15 > of what is and is not developed by those they are paying, but it gives
16 > them neither exclusive rights to code nor the right to exclude code.
17
18 Sure, but by applying Microsoft's monopolistic lessons they can have us all in
19 a stranglehold before you know it:
20
21 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Embrace,_extend_and_extinguish
22