From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Just when is portage/bashrc sourced?
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2017 08:32:51
1 On Thu, 23 Nov 2017 17:12:37 -0800, Ian Zimmerman wrote:
2
3 > Package P bypasses applying user patches (by not calling
4 > default_src_prepare). I have patches I need to apply to P, and in this
5 > case I really don't want to fork the ebuild. So, I'm hell bent on
6 > doing it the hacky way with /etc/portage/bashrc (which, IIRC, I have
7 > been told on this list not to do, but now I don't have much choice).
8
9 You do have a choice, use /etc/portage/env. here's one I have to patch a
10 specific version of a package
11
12 % cat env/app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.3
13 post_src_unpack() {
14 cd "${S}"
15 epatch_user
16 }
17
18 You could also use post_src_prepare to apply the patch after any the
19 ebuild effects.
23 Neil Bothwick
24
25 Found my .sig, it was in behind the cushion on the settee.