From: wabenbau@×××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev installed but unable to find it
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2015 04:37:06
1 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > Howdy,
4 >
5 > I ran eix-test-obsolete and in the output, I get the following:
8 > The following installed packages are not in the database:
9 >
10 > sys-fs/-MERGING-static-dev
11 > --
12 >
13 > Equery gives me this:
14 >
15 > root@fireball / # equery list *static-dev*
16 > * Searching for *static-dev* ...
17 > !!! No installed packages matching '*static-dev*'
18 > root@fireball / #
22 > Other tools report this:
26 > root@fireball / # emerge -s static-dev
27 >
28 > [ Results for search key : static-dev ]
29 > Searching...
30 >
31 > * sys-fs/static-dev
32 > Latest version available: 0.1
33 > Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
34 > Size of files: 0 KiB
35 > Homepage: https://bugs.gentoo.org/107875
37 > License: GPL-2
38 >
39 > [ Applications found : 1 ]
40 >
41 > root@fireball / # eix static-dev
42 > * sys-fs/static-dev
43 > Available versions: 0.1
44 > Homepage: https://bugs.gentoo.org/107875
47 > root@fireball / #
51 > So, it's installed but I can't find it to remove it. What the heck is
52 > this about? Anyone else ever run into this? Is there a way to "find"
53 > it?? Can I remove it somehow??
54 >
55 > Thanks.
56 >
57 > Dale
58 >
59 > :-) :-)
62 It's also installed on my system and probably it's a forgotten relict from
63 ancient times (my last gentoo installation on this machine was in 2007).
64
65 To be honest, I never ran eix-test-obsolete. My system is running fine and
66 atm I don't have much time. So I will leave it as it is.
67
68 Maybe the static dev is useful in the case that udev refuses to work for
69 any reason. :-)
72 Regards
73 wabe