From: Jack <ostroffjh@×××××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] media-sound/podracer doesn't name downloaded podcasts
Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2018 13:51:55
1 On 2018.02.25 06:59, Stroller wrote:
2 > Hello,
3 >
4 > As per my thread a month ago [1], I've now installed Podracer and
5 > gave it a spin last night.
6 >
7 > I started by trying to download NPR's Planet Money podcast:
8 > https://www.npr.org/sections/money/
9 >
10 > I tried 3 different URLs that I found on that page, none of them
11 > worked:
12 >
13 > • https://www.npr.org/feeds/127413729/feed.json
14 > • https://www.npr.org/podcasts/510289/planet-money/
15 > • https://www.npr.org/rss/rss.php?id=127413729
16 >
17 > The podcast is also listed in iTunes, I found:
18 > https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/planet-money/id290783428
19 >
20 > Using that URL in my .podracer/subscriptions, Podracer downloaded 300
21 > mp3 files, I assume every Podcast in the show's archive.
22 >
23 > However the files are named by ID, which is meaningless to humans:
24 >
25 > $ ls podcasts/2018-02-24/ | head
26 > 20150424_blog_pmoney.mp3
27 > 20150429_blog_pmoney.mp3
28 > 20150501_blog_pmoney.mp3
29 > 20150506_blog_pmoney.mp3
30 > 20150508_blog_pmoney.mp3
31 > 20150513_blog_pmoney.mp3
32 > 20150516_blog_pmoney.mp3
33 > 20150522_blog_pmoney2.mp3
34 > 20150522_blog_pmoney.mp3
35 > 20150527_blog_pmoney.mp3
36 > $
37 >
38 > If anyone has any suggestions, I'd be grateful. I'll perhaps try
39 > Flexget later today if I haven't thought of anything else.
40 >
41 > Stroller.
42 If the web site has a page listing all the shows, with links to the
43 files, you might be able to save that file, and then edit/parse/?? it
44 to match the show name to the file name.
45
46 Jack