From: R0b0t1 <r030t1@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How do I turn off text console screen in software?
Date: Wed, 10 May 2017 16:59:57
1 On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > I'd prefer to avoid hitting the monitor display on/off too often. In
3 > an xterm, the script...
4 >
5 > #!/bin/bash
6 > sleep 1 && xset -display :0.0 dpms force off
7 >
8 > ...shuts the screen off. Is there an equivalant command for a text
9 > console (e.g. where you end up if you hit CTRL-ALT-F1)?
10 >
11 > --
12 > Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
13 > I don't run "desktop environments"; I run useful applications
16 `setterm -blank VALUE` where VALUE is specified in minutes. A value of
17 zero disables blanking. You can also add "consoleblank=0" to your
18 kernel's command line. It's probably worth looking at the other
19 `setterm` options.
20
21 You can read /sys/module/kernel/parameters/consoleblank to see if your
22 changes applied properly.