From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] ESD vs ALSA
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2007 00:33:52
1 On Mon, 8 Jan 2007 06:08:32 -0800
2 Mark Knecht wrote:
3
4 > Sorry,
5 > You're right about the flags. It's 'esd' vs. 'eds'. My mistake.
6 > Sorry.
7 >
8 > As I said I do not use Gnome System Sounds. In the Gnome
9 > Preferences menu if I choose 'Sounds' and then the 'Sounds' tab I do
10 > not have 'Enable sound software mixing (ESD)' enabled.
11 >
12 > - Mark
13
14 Hi Mark,
15
16 Actually "eds" _is_ one of the USE flags used by gnome-control-center's
17 ebuild, with the other being alsa.
18
19 I've disabled "ESD" because sound effects don't generally interest me.
20 What does interest me is listening to CDs, web radio, etc.
21
22 Anyhow, I've got CDPlayer playing Alice's Restaurant and am enjoying
23 hearing it again (after numerous years).
24
25 Regards,
26
27 David