From: Arve Barsnes <arve.barsnes@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Failing to emerge "sys-apps/fwupd-1.8.1"
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 15:46:33
1 On Thu, 2 Jun 2022 at 17:33, Dr Rainer Woitok <rainer.woitok@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3
4 > Greetings,
5 >
6 > my last successful build of "sys-apps/fwupd" was 1.7.7-r2. Immediately
7 > before my vacation 1.8.0 failed on 2022-05-10, and today 1.8.1 failed,
8 > too.
9 >
10 > Since the build log says at its end
11 >
12 > * If you need support, post the output of `emerge --info
13 > '=sys-apps/fwupd-1.8.1::gentoo'`,
14 > * the complete build log and the output of `emerge -pqv
15 > '=sys-apps/fwupd-1.8.1::gentoo'`.
16 >
17 > and since I am currently absolutely clueless, I'm including the output
18 > from these two commands as well as the complete build log (except for
19 > ANSI control characters) as requested above. Hopefully, somebody has an
20 > idea what's going wrong here.
23 According to https://bugs.gentoo.org/841767 this could possibly be fixed
24 for you by either activating the gusb USE flag, or de-activating the
25 modemmanager USE flag.
26
27 Regards,
28 Arve