From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Double nautilus windows for each USB flash drive plugged in
Date: Fri, 02 Oct 2009 22:43:15
1 On 10/02/2009 02:10 PM, Alan E. Davis wrote:
2 > Hello, Walt:
3 >
4 > I had "Browse removable media when inserted" checked. Sure enough,
5 > when unchecked, a nautilus window opens. I also notice that two options
6 > are checked. I don't understand what the difference between them would be:
7 >
8 > Mount removeable drives when hot-plugged
9 > and
10 > Mount removable media when inserted
11
12 Thanks for asking -- you just solved two annoying problems for me :o)
13
14 An internal CD/DVD player is not a removable drive, but it does use
15 removable media. A USB stick is a removable drive but does not use
16 removable media.
17
18 A number of gnome apps are far more configurable than their settings
19 menu implies. To access some hidden settings you need to use the
20 gconf-editor utility, found in Applications::System tools::Configuration
21 Editor, or just type gconf-editor from a command prompt.
22
23 Navigate to apps::nautilus::preferences and look for several settings
24 relating to media, and experiment with those.