From: Helmut Jarausch <jarausch@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] driver for Ricoh Aficio FX16
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 10:36:49
1 On 8 Sep, Stefán István wrote:
2 > Hello!
3 > We have a printer stated in $subject, and looking for a cups driver for it.
4 > Does anyone know which driver can we use for it?
7 Just try
8
9 http://www.ricoh-support.com/enduser/home/default.asp?langID=1
10 Select "multifunctional products" and Aficio FX16
11 This finally to a page where you can download the
12 'Printer & Scanner Drivers and Utility' for WINDOWS.
13 Download the .exe file e.g. for Windows XP.
14 Most probably it's a zip archive. Try (on Linux)
15 unzip -v <this .exe file>
16 If it works, you only need the .ppd file which is an
17 ASCII file. Copy this to your cups directory
18 probably /etc/cups/ppd
19
20 IMPORTANT: send a complaint to Ricoh for not supporting
21 Linux directly!
24 Helmut.
29 Helmut Jarausch
30