From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] clean up a git sync'd portage
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2021 10:26:22
1 On Saturday, 4 December 2021 09:47:41 GMT William Kenworthy wrote:
2
3 > are there any settings useful to reduce the size of a git sync'd
4 > portage? Its just hit 22Gb and the little arm system I use to maintain it
5 > is choking. I am doing a git clean -f and git gc --aggressive in the hope
6 > it reduces it some, but from reading I believe the real problem is years of
7 > history logs. Is there a way of a) setting depth=1 for portage and b)
8 > cleaning out the existing history? -- or something better?
9
10 You could do what I'm having to do at the moment, and delete /var/db/repos/
11 gentoo before syncing; also setting clone-depth = 1 in /etc/portage/
12 repos.conf/gentoo.conf.
15 Regards,
16 Peter.