From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Boot Gentoo - by hand - line-by-line - command-by-command?
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 18:55:19
1 On Tue, Sep 28, 2010 at 5:58 AM, James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht <markknecht <at> gmail.com> writes:
5 >>    I'm curious if there's a way to capture the exact set of command
6 >> that my machine executes as it boots up.
7 >
8 > Hello Mark,
9 >
10 > maybe 'app-admin/showconsole', is a good (quick) place to
11 > start by logging console output during the boot process?
14 > hth,
15 > James
16
17 James,
18 Thanks. I've tried showconsole a couple of times in the past but
19 given up in frustration. I never get output, or don't know where to
20 look, or don't know how to configure it. (Or all of the above!)
21
22 The man page seems pretty useless. It's one of those 'If you
23 already know how to use this then this will make sense..." sorts of
24 things.
25
26 I've reemerged it and rebooted. What now?
27
28 Thanks,
29 Mark