From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge hints needed
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 05:44:51
1 Bill Kenworthy wrote:
2 > Some time back I saw someone mention a way to get emerge to install an
3 > ebuild with a bad digest - man emerge shows nothing so can someone give
4 > me a hint. It was much easier than going down the ebuild path.
7 I think it is --digest. I don't see it in the man page so you may have
8 to do that with the ebuild command and the manifest option. See man
9 page to make sure.
10
11 I will also add, you should not do this unless it passed the first test
12 and you had to edit the file for some reason. It could be corrupt or
13 altered in some unknown way otherwise.
14
15 > Also, I am in the process of rescuing a system from the
16 > e2fs/util-linux/device-mapper snafu and find that now I have it booted
17 > re-emerging util-linux wont overwrite the files I manually installed to
18 > replace the missing ones - necessitating manually rm'ing some 50 or so
19 > files - is there a way to force emerge to ignore file collisions and
20 > just overwrite them in this circumstance?
21 >
22 > BillK
26 I think you are looking for this option with emerge:
27
28 --noconfmem
29 Causes portage to disregard merge records indicating
30 that a config file inside of a CONFIG_PRO-
31 TECT directory has been merged already. Portage will
32 normally merge those files only once to
33 prevent the user from dealing with the same config
34 multiple times. This flag will cause the file
35 to always be merged.
36
37 Keep in mind that it will replace whatever it emerges which may include
38 dependencies. I have never used that option before so be forewarned if
39 it does.
40
41 Hope that helps.
42