From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] help with emerge package recompile
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 21:21:36
1 On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 15:30:29 -0500
2 Fei Liu <feiliu@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > One thing I am curious is, it seems a lot of source code packages are
5 > cached on my local machine, what should I do to remove them from my
6 > hard drive?
7 > Fei
8
9 you can delete /usr/portage/distfiles/* if you want to; i think the
10 worst thing to come of it would be having to redownload the sources
11 for each subsequent emerge of the same software.
12
13 Alternately, you could use an NFS share to make /usr/portage/distfiles
14 shared with all the computers on your network. If you have more than
15 one gentoo box, that is ; )
16 --
17 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list